Sunday, April 29, 2012

Smile if you Dare

Source: imgfave.com via Jessica on Pinterest
I'm searching for quotes today, quotes to uplift.  I came accross hundreds of quotes that are supposed to be uplifting, quotes to make me smile.  Anyone can fake a smile we do it everyday.  Sometimes we smile when we can't do anymore crying.  How can you continue to cry?  You're body can empty itself from water, dehydration sets in.  Sometimes we smile for a lack of anything else.  Have you ever smiled when your heart was bursting with tears? 
If I say, ‘I will forget my complaint, I will change my expression, and smile,’
Job 9:26-28
Sometimes the only thing I can do is smile because I'm dehydrated and all the tears have been dried up.  Crying can be overated.  This message on the sign says it all for me.  What we see depends mainly on what we look for.  This is true, because I have found that we can say and do many times over but unless we're willing to see it we can't really do anything with it.  We can't get move forward through our tears until we forget our complaint, we can't change our expression and smile.  God always knows the best thing to say to us and His word is full of those sayings.  It was only after the quieting of my tears that I've been able to see beyond this veil of sorrow.  Could I have done it any sooner?  Probably not, the process is long, no quick fixes.  Do I sometimes find myself under the same veil, absolutely?  I'm human, I'm far from being healed, sometimes closer than others.  One step backwards can bring me to two steps forward.  Sometimes I have to go back to get to the next step. 

I love pictures, quotes, words of encouragement.  God has sent many of tools along the way.  He never fails me, I can always turn to His word and He will guide me to just the right quote, just the right passage.  No today I can truely say that my smile doesn't have to be fake.  I don't have to succomb to the darkness of the tears.  I can climb out of the dark place and see the goodness of the day.  I can truely forget my complaing and change my expression, and smile. 

Thanks be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment