Saturday, June 30, 2012

KEEP DOING WHAT IS GOOD


“So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up”
(Galatians 6:9, NLT)





Today was a work day, of course it’s Thursday.  Sometimes at work I feel like I’m in a trial and can never get out.  I’m sure I’m not the only one who has ever experienced trial.  The reason I know I’m not the only one is look at the world today.

If you go into the news you can read on every page some kind of trial that people are experiencing.  On lunch, I was reading a devotional that is sent to me every day and the writer used the above verse.  It was a verse that was written for me, during this day, at this moment.

That’s what I love about bible verses.  God uses them to speak to us whenever we need to be encouraged.  Encouragement is all around us.  We get one word, one affirmation, or even one bible verse and it can change the day. 

He reminded me that I don’t need to get tired of doing what is good.  He is with me every day, every step of the way and no matter the circumstances, at just the right time I will reap a harvest of blessing.  Don’t give up.  Keep on the straight and narrow.  Rocks are being thrown at us from every side but we have a safety net.  No matter how the enemy tries to knock us off kilter He will be there to catch us. 

Encouragement is a wonderful thing.  Everyone can practice it at least once in the day.  A smile for someone that you’re not particularly fond of, or you don’t ordinarily talk to goes a long way.  Maybe your child fell down and has a boo boo, a kiss and a band aid goes a long way.

Whatever your trial is today, get a little encouragement from a source right at your fingertips.  Read your favorite poem, watch a happy movie, pick up the phone and call an old friend.  Put a positive in your life.  Look in the mirror and smile at yourself.  You’d be surprised how good you will feel.

Last but not least, don’t give up.  Stay on the narrow road; understand that He is always the same, yesterday, today and tomorrow.  My afternoon is going much better, much more relaxed and more encouraged. 

No comments:

Post a Comment