Saturday, June 2, 2012

On the Pink of It

No one knows what is going to happen on any given day, whether or not the days color will end with a pink hue or even a day that begins with a dark green color will soften as the hours go by.  Yesterday there was darkness, and as the day wore on the nighttime closed the hour with a lighter shade ending with a pink hue. 

Yesterday was filled with uncertainty and angst but today is a little bit lighter.  As I sat in a Starbucks this morning, sharing and talking with friends I realized how much we are all connected in some way.  My grief stricken days can often be erased when I share with others and more importantly listen to their stories and how the learning process in this universe is a daily and sometimes minute by minute experience.   The world, and the people in it, are full of their own grief and how they have overcome these grievance experiences.  They share their daily struggle and somehow hearing what they have to share lessens my own grievance experience.

God is constantly giving me new tools, new blessings that make each day easier to taken another step towards joy. Reminded of the bible verse, Joy comes in the morning.  Joy is a word that is short and precise.  It's funny how three little letters can say so much.  I think of Joy as being a blessing.  I think of this word as being a pink word which spreads like butter on a hot biscuit.  Don't we wish we could have joy around us every day of the week and every minute of the day.  Sometimes we may not feel joyous and we let the heaviness of the night darken the light of the day.  I try to hold on to the morning, to think of the good things in my life.  To share with others how joy can fill the dark spaces if I allow it to come.  Not to feel guilty, not to let go, or surrender every problem that has ever defined me but rather to allow myself to feel joy, the blessing of the morning. 

When I was a child and I was distraught my mother would say, "Sleep on it, everything will look differently in the morning."  The older I get the more I understand how wise my mother really is.  I just wonder how long do we want to stay in the night.  How long do we wollow and struggle in the dark colors and when do we have that epiphany that it is okay to get to the pink of the morning. 

Today, this day I choose to put pink in my color pallet.  It's the beginning of joy and the end of the darkness.  Have a pink weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Yesterday our Assistant Pastor, before having people came down for prayer said: "choose joy". He said joy is not necessarily what we feel at the time but we must choose it. Never thought of it that way. I'm glad your color pallet is pink. Have a good week.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete