Monday, May 28, 2012

The Season of Birthdays

Source: craftgawker.com via Sar on Pinterest
It seems that the birthdays are so abundant during the summer months.  Yesterday we went to a birthday party at a long time friends house.  So many children, all of my grandchildren were there.  Both of my daughters and their spouses were there.  I suppose that there are many summer birthdays because of those snuggly winter nights. 

I was reminded of how much love surrounds a birthday party, young and old.  Louis' birthday was a summer birthday.  June 8th, 1976 was his birthday.  I remember his birthday well as being my easiest, fastest labor even though he was my biggest baby.  Ten pounds, three ounces and twenty two inches long.  My last daughter was longer but did not weigh the extra three ounces. 

Even though he only had nine birthdays, he was no different than any other little boy.  He loved the joy, the love that surrounded him by family and friends during these times.  He loved his new bike, or his baseball mit.  He even loved those clothes that he would receive on a birthday.  Toys and games, especially toys to do with dragons or cars were his favorite.

Yesterday as I watched our friends little boy open his presents it reminded me of the joy that surrounds a day called birthday.  It's all about the love, the friends, the family the people that make up the wondrus happiness that completes the circle. 

Little boys are so special, the jumping, the shouting, the chasing their brothers and friends.  They are mysterious and explode with excitement on their special day.  There is nothing dainty about their actions, they shout and tell us what they want.

Thank God for birthdays, for special days that bring together a combination of friends and family to share in the joy and happiness of little boys and girls.  I am forever grateful for these days, in my memories and in my present life.

No comments:

Post a Comment