Friday, May 4, 2012

On page 172 of Howl at the Moon

Early In The Morning

Early in the morning, the world is slowly spinning,
Not as hard and fast as it spins in later day.
Early in the morning the world is solely quiet,
not as noisy and as hectic as it is in later day.

My mind is full of words and can be opened without distraction,
Cause once I set my life out,
the day is not my own.
The day belongs to my employer, my children and my cell phone.

So early in the morning, I can claim my name to fame,
with the words as they pop from my fingers.
With a leap and a bound from the early morning sounds,
that tumble on the ground with gentle waves of dreams,
once captured here and tamed.

The early morning captures all that I once thought of being,
Of youth, of love, of songs once sung.
The later sounds are blurred as they swirl faster than the time,
but the early morning sounds keep rhythm with my heart.
As if to say, "Hold on to me, and show me that you care,"
For all the words come tumbling,
from my fingertips with ease,
and my mind belongs to me with a quiet, gentle peace.

Good morning bloggers.  Linda Bowden

No comments:

Post a Comment