Saturday, May 26, 2012

Pink, Pink and Some More Pink

Today is another pink Saturday.  I'm pretty pink today on this reminiscing highway that I'm on.  I've just finsihed three graduations in the last two days and I'm reminded of how life comes in a circle.  Within this circle there are days that stand out.  Some are joyous and some are not.  We can look forward to the joyous ones with anticipation and we can fold back the ones that are not so joyous.  We can tuck those days underneath the ones that are joyous, not forgetting them, just tucking them way into a different color of our hearts. 

I'm choosing to make this a pink day because pink is a more cheerful color in my circle.  I'm striving to fill the center of that circle with a pinker heart than yesterday.  One step at a time, one shade at a time, as my pinkness slowly returns. 

Earlier this weekend I shared that my little boy didn't get to graduate, and I didn't get to enjoy that graduation.  On the pinker side of that thought, I did have other memories of his laughter, his boyness and his love.  He always had a look for that love and always shared those looks with his mother's heart.  Those are the pink moments for me when I'm reminiscing.

This week I had the distinct blessing of seeing my grandson, John, graduate from Middle School, my granddaughter Stephanie, graduate from High School, and my granddaughter Harley, graduate from Grade School.  A trilogy of pink events, full of excitement,  and all the joyous moments that fill some of the not so pink spaces in my heart.  These moments seek to replace other darker moments and open the heart to share the brightness of the day. 

Ladies and gentlemen as you go forth on this week, consider the pinkness that surrounds you.  Consider the beautiful array of flowers that will open up any dark shades that are inside of your circle.  Those darker sides deserve to move over and expand the joy that can be in your heart today.  All that is pink is just waiting for you to discover it.  May your heart be filled with the joy that this day will bring and that any sadness you feel will succomb to a new color, the color of pink. 

No comments:

Post a Comment