Thursday, May 3, 2012

Many articles about grief!!!!

I wanted to see what other people think about grief or the recovery of grief.  I scanned the internet and looked at many articles.  One that caught my eye was listed under Hot Newspaper Articles.  The article is written by author Robin Renee Bridges who written several books and many articles.  She is a Chaplain and definitely more qualified than I to council someone about grief.  In her article she describes the passing of your loved one as not being gone but closer than you think.  I believe that because that loved one never really leaves your heart.  In my book " A Mother's Heart" I explain how Louis is close to me, everyday.  A mother never really departs from her child, and he or she can never really depart from her.  We carry them in our hearts forever.  I can't imagine any mother ever not knowing that her child remains in her thoughts, in her daily thoughts, or her heart. I've been with my Louis for all the years that he has left this world. I often see a smile in someone's face, usually one of my grandchildren. A mannerism reminds me of him, the way they lay on the floor and watch TV, the look that they send my way and the wonderful memories that I carry in my mind. I wish every single hour of the day a way to be able to physically see him but for me I have to be satisfied with the fact that he is only in my memories and I have to understand that he's happy. I have to know in my heart and believe what the bible tells me that he's happy. He doesn't have anymore pain, he doesn't have anymore unhappiness and I have to believe that his heart is full of my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment